Unprecidented Fall Flooding: Minnesota River Bridge Closings
The rain this fall has created unprecidented fall flooding in the Southern Minnesota area, including Jordan, which resulted in numerous closures at river crossings.
As of Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at noon, all Minnesota River crossings are open!
- MN-101 at Shakopee RE-OPENED on 10/12/10 at noon
- CR-9/CR-11 at Jordan RE-OPENED on 10/9/10 at 5:00 p.m.
- MN-41 at Chaska RE-OPENED on 10/7/10 at noon
- US 169 from Le Sueur to St. Peter RE-OPENED on 10/5/10 at 5:30 p.m.
- US 169 at Union Street in St. Peter RE-OPENED on 10/1/10 at noon
- US 169 from St. Peter to Mankato RE-OPENED on 9/30/10
- Minnesota River crossings in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Metro area that remained OPEN during the fall flood: MN-25 at Belle Plaine, US 169 at Bloomington/Shakopee, I-35W at Bloomington/Burnsville, MN-77 at Bloomington/Eagan, and I-494 near MSP Airport
On the Minnesota River at Jordan the reading at noon Tuesday, October 12th was 24.38 feet with a flood stage in Jordan of 25 feet. The bridge at CR-9/CR-11 in Jordan will be closed when the river level reaches 26.7 feet. The National Weather Service indicates the Minnesota River at Jordan crested at 33.12 feet on Thursday, September 30th. The highest recorded crest level at Jordan was 35.07 feet on April 11, 1965. The 2010 crest of 33.12 feet is the 3rd highest recorded crest level at Jordan, and the first time a top 5 flood has occurred in fall.
For the latest road closure information, see Minnesota Department of Transportation 511 and the Scott County and Carver County websites.
NOTE: MN DOT 511 Info DOES NOT include county roads or city streets.